Back to FAQ Category

Non-Emergency Condo/Home/Renters Claim Process

What exactly is a non emergency home claim? A situation where the damage is not getting any worse and your house is livable. An example would be possible hail damage to your roof, assuming water isn’t leaking into the house. The key in a non emergency situation is to figure out how bad the damage is, whether it is covered on your policy and what exactly your deductible is. It is possible that your non emergency situation is not covered by insurance or that the damage is not more than your deductible.

In non emergency situations we recommend the following 3 things before turning in a claim:

  • Get an estimate from a contractor you know and trust (we can make a recommendation if you don’t have one)
  • Confirm if the damage would be covered by your home policy
  • Confirm the damage is well over your deductible

Also please call us or email after you have gotten an estimate and make us aware so we can help advise if you are covered and let you know what your deductible is.

The 4 most common claims are:

  • Hail/Wind(storm damage)
  • Water backup in basement due to sump pump failure or water
    coming up floor drain(subject to your coverage limit)
  • Theft
  • Fire

Carrier Numbers to File a Claim: 

AAA: 800-207-3618

Auto Owners: 888-252-4626

Grange: 800-445-3030

Progressive: 800-925-2886

Safeco: 800-332-3226

Travelers: 800-252-4633

Nationwide: 800-421-3535

Still have questions?

Call us Email Us